A limited amount of the CMAF’s unrestricted grantmaking resources is available to address and support charitable initiatives in the medical, health and wellness arena that emerge during the year. An application requesting funding consideration can be submitted to the Foundation.
- Requests for funding must be in support of a charitable initiative that is new, that benefits the community and is driven by the physician community or the CMAF Board.
- The applicant organization (or fiscal agent) that will be instrumental in the initiative must be a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, a private foundation under section 509 of that code or recognized as an instrumentality of state/local government.
- Consideration will be given to initiatives that:
- Transform the healthcare system
- Significantly impact a vulnerable population
- Represent a new and innovative approach to solving a health and wellness problem
- Address a newly identified health and wellness issue.
- Priority will be given to those initiatives in which funds awarded may be used to leverage additional funds in support of the initiative.
Emerging Charitable Initiatives Grant Application can be found here.
There is no specific application deadline date, as requests will be reviewed and considered throughout the year until available funds are exhausted. All applicants will receive timely communication from the Foundation as to the status of their grant request during the review process.
Any questions regarding the Foundation or the Foundation’s support of emerging charitable initiatives, please contact Weldon Milbourne or Ann Eliot at 614.240.7420 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.